What I've been doing
We have been getting our hardwood floors ready to be refinished. So, we rip up the carpet and end up finding LINOLEUM!!! WTF! Are you kidding me!!!??? What a pain in the a#*!!! The floor refinishers are coming this Thursday and we have to have it done by then. We'll see....! I have also been redoing the guest bedroom. Once it is finished I'll post some pics.
I have a semi-funny story for ya. When the floor refinisher guy was over at the house giving us an estimate I was in the kitchen trying to plan what we would have for dinner. I'm looking thru the freezer and we had some lobster that needed to be cooked. So, I asked my husband (in front of the floor guy) if he would like lobster for dinner. He said sure. Now, fast forward to after the guy has left. My husband says "Boy Cerella, you sure are a terrible negotiator! Here we are trying to get a good price on the floor and you are announcing that we're having lobster for dinner! What would have made it better is if I would have said 'Only if we could have some of that Baluga Caviar to go with it. Oh, and by the way....did the Mercedes dealership call about my car being ready?' Jeez Cerella!" Yeah, well....anyway.
Another time my husband and I were traveling up to Canada and had to stop at a hotel on the way there. As we were unloading the car, I yelled over to him "Hey John, do you want to bring the laptop in?" He looks at me and says "Well, I DO NOW!" :) Oops!
Below, the 1st & 3rd pic are what we found after ripping up the carpet. The 2nd & 4th pic are what was underneath the linoleum. Nice.







4 comments:
looks like a big job.
Now who in their right mind would put vinyl over hardwood? I think some previous owners should be shot!! LOL Just Kidding...ok maybe not.
Secret Pal
Ooh tough job. It'll be worth it in the end!!
Girl, whoa dang. That is one serious project...
It'll be cool someday!
Love, Melissa :)
Post a Comment