Saturday, February 18, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday (Saturday Night)

Self Portrait Tuesday's February challenge is "all of me" embrace your mistakes, love the ugly bits. While meandering through the different blogs I was very impressed by all of the people who were brave enough to put very real, unflattering and untouched photos of themselves out there. Why does it take the birth of a child, gaining weight, disfiguring accidents, all of these and other things that change our bodies for the worse, for us to realize that "Wow, I really DID have it going on! & Why couldn't I love and be appreciative of what I HAD?" We always think that we are too fat, too ugly, too this and too that. Of course there will always be someone who is "better off" however, there is also always someone out there who is "worse off." I know that there is ALWAYS room for self improvement but why can't we at least be happy with what the good Lord has given us? Somtimes when I am feeling "unlucky" or "ungrateful" with what I have, I think back to this story. It never fails to humble me. I took this picture of myself last night. No makeup or touchups, although I did change it to black & white.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

you ALWAYS look pretty!!!!!!