Friday, June 02, 2006

"SIGN" me up!


I'm really excited because I just signed up for a Sign Language class at the local community college! This is something that I have really wanted to learn for a long time. This will be 1 more thing that I can cross off of my LIST OF THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE. :) Something else that is pretty cool...Jo has signed up for the class as well! We can be study buddies!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

It's a girl thing said...

How great is this! We can talk and no one will listen!!! Ha!

Bellasera said...

I'm sure you guys will do great now that Miss Thing Is off for the summer, Oh don't worry about me I'll be all right slaving away at the store:(!!!! I can sign to !!!QB

Jonnie said...

That's really cool. I took a couple of ASL classes in college. I had a deaf friend and I wanted to learn to communicate better with her. I think you'll enjoy it. It comes in so handy (like, across a crowded bar)! :-p Some areas have something called "Silent Suppers." You go and have dinner with members of the deaf community and you can practice your sign with them. They are usually very helpful and patient.
Get this: during college, we wondered why we couldn't use American Sign Language to fulfill our foreign language requirement. After all, it was a different way to communicate with a group of individuals. So we asked and guess what they said ... "Sign language could not be a 'foreign language' because it doesn't have its own FOOD." I swear - pinkie swear! I kid you not.

Anonymous said...

well i ll try again cause i just mess up the previous message i tried to send.
so cool!!!! i always wanted to learn sign language as well and as you know i love o talk even too much well .first i ll go to central america this summer in order to learn spanish but for sure as you do i ll put it in my list of things to do before i die...
HOpe it is in a long time so i ll have time to learn all the things i want...i still remeber when you told me about the lists you make...very helpful to write thins down when you want to make up your mind thanks for the advice...anyway.good luck with your course.