Monday, June 19, 2006

On the subject of animals....

I generally try to keep my blog pretty "positive" however, every now and then there are some subjects that I just need to talk about. After all of the animal drama that has gone on today, I got to thinking about how much I don't understand HOW people can "HATE" animals. I have just a quick little story for you.

About a year ago I was talking to someone at a family/friend get-together about my pets and how I wish that they could travel with us. A person who was standing close to us and was obviously dipping into our conversation turns around and very adamently states "I HATE dogs and I HATE cats." In response I said "Well, did you have a bad experience with them as a child?" The person then replies "Why does everyone always ask me that?!"

Okay......I mean, what do you say to THAT? I WANTED to say "Well, A. I already knew about your hatred of animals which is why I wasn't having this conversation with YOU! B. Nobody even ASKED you. and
C. That's just plain rude!

This particular incident has really stayed with me. Pets are part of people's family.
Would you say to someone that you HATE (and HATE is a really strong word) a part of their family? Especially someone in their family that you have never even met before?

I guess that in conclusion, if you have some bad mouthing of animals that you feel like you just need to get off of your chest, don't tell me. Start up your own blog and spew your hatred somewhere else! Can I get an AMEN!?

5 comments:

Bellasera said...

Hate is such a very strong word, I keep telling my children to say dislike or something else besides Hate. (I do find my self using it a lot ) & How could you HATE a helpless animal? QB

Anonymous said...

I will give you a HUGE AMEN! I don't get how people are about animals. I have ALWAYS had an animal since I was born. ALWAYS. Its just a part of life and family.

Nikki Says... said...

Well, I "HATE" people who HATE animals. :) I don't know what I'd do without Ella & Teddy. Our family wouldn't be the same without them.

Anonymous said...

AMEN you got it DGD, I would stay away from that person who HATES animals, he/she is not a good person to associate with. It's been proven that having an animal (i.e. cat/dog/bird/goldfish) whatever helps to promote peace and tranquility in the person who has a pet, and even in nursing homes the bringing in of a pet can help people who have disassociated themselves from the human race, starting to talk and move more...this person who said they HATE animals is to be pitied and avoided, and is just plain stupid.
Love ya'
Gramma Lily

MsFortuknit said...

amen hallilujah and a praise da lawd!
PS Lucky you getting rach as a sp!