Monday, March 20, 2006

Back amongst the land of the living...SPT




Oh, what a terrible past week it has been! To make a SUPER long story short....I had emergency surgery Sunday March 12th.
I had to have an endo- metrioma cyst and my right ovary removed. After surgery there were many comp- lications. My oxygen saturation was in the low 60's and they thought that I might have had a heart attack. I ended up needing a heart catheterization. Thank God that everything turned out well. The first pic is me crying before we went to the hospital. The second is post op day 6 with 1/2 of the staples removed. The third is post op day 7 with all of them removed. So, now I have this lovely "c-section" type scar and I don't even have a baby! I actually really like scars so I'm not too upset. Notice, my willingness to post these lovely photos! Thank you to EVERYONE who kept me in their thoughts and prayers during this whole ordeal. I know that I can kind of make light of everything now but at the time I TRULY thought that this might be it. My first night in the hospital only hours after surgery the town I was in was hit by a tornado. We lost power and went to the emergency generator. It was HOT and I was on morphine and itching and did I mention that it was HOT??? All I wanted was a fan. After hours of sweating my tush off a very nice secretary brought her little desk fan in for me to use. I think that she may have been an angel. :) Speaking of angels, my husband deserves the Husband of the Year Award! He was there by my side throughout everything and I love him sooo much! He WAS and IS my rock. When I got home from the hospital I had some issues in the bathroom...those being the issues of wiping. My wonderful husband "took care" of those needs (if you know what I mean) and if that ain't love I don't know what is!

8 comments:

Di said...

You poor thing! I can't believe everything you have been through! I enjoy reading your blog! It makes me happy!

Adrienne said...

you ventured downstairs!! yea! your incision site looks great!! im glad your back online:)

Adrienne said...

sorry i duplicated my comment so i deleted it:)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, Cerella that He was with you and everything turned out okay...You know I have a scar just like yours, but I'm not going to show you. We have been keeping you in prayer. We love you so much. WTG girl, you are sure popping back from all that trauma.

Anonymous said...

Warmest hugs from London - I'm so glad to hear you're ok - you've got a fab hubby. Take care of yourself xxx

Diana said...

Cerella: I´m a mexican reader of your blogg.. I really enjoy with your comments and pics... they're really funny and interesting.
Now that I read about your past week and all that you've been through, I want you to know that I'm really happy you're all right! and happy that you're back online.
My best wishes to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bella:

I'm so glad that you're feeling better. My husband and I just heard about you terrible ordeal this past weekend. We all miss you up here and are pulling for your fast recovery. Hang in there. Hope you enjoy the flowers.

Jonnie said...

What the ???? One minute I'm reading about your porno cat - step away for a few days - come back and I see pictures of your woochiemolly! Wow - I was just checking back for my daily Bella laugh and I'm shocked! So sorry for all that you had to go through. It's so great that you had your hubby there to help (and even to update your blog!). Whatta man! I'm so glad that you are on the road to recovery and will keep you in my thoughts. Take care,
ah
PS Now the real test of love is to see if your hubby will "take care of that" when you're well! ha