Monday, May 15, 2006

What's been going on.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blog entries lately. So much has been going on and it's been hard for me to focus. So, let me attempt to bring everyone up to speed. Two months ago I had emergency surgery to remove a dermoid cyst AND my right ovary. Recovery was tough but I have felt soo much better since. John and I went to see Dr. John C. Jarrett a couple of weeks ago to see what our options are for having a baby. Well, with everything that has happened in the recent past he suggested In Vitro Fertilization. John and I weren't exactly expecting such a dramatic measure so soon but Dr. Jarrett seemed very hopeful. We have decided to go ahead with this plan. First things first, I have to lose 35 pounds before the procedure, which we are hoping to have done in either September or October. I am on a very low carb diet and taking Glucophage/Metformin. I started this journey last Monday-1 week ago. I have already lost 6 pounds and needless to say it has not been a very fun week. I threw up the first night and the 3rd morning and have been very depressed. I have no energy and am actually sick right now. I am also back on the pill temporarily. I'm telling you, my body doesn't even KNOW what to think anymore! On the pill, off the pill, on Clomid, off Clomid, removal of HUGE cyst AND right ovary, now BACK on the pill. I think that my reproductive system is about to have a nervous breakdown! Can you blame it?
So, on June 8 (the day before my 29th birthday!) I will start going in for shots which will put me into temporary pre-menopause. This means that I will start having hot flashes in the middle of summer! All of you who know me well KNOW that if I am HOT & HUNGRY......well, let's just say it isn't pretty!
I apologize to everyone who I haven't called lately. I hope that you understand why I've been anti-social. I REALLY appreciate all of you who keep me in your prayers and are thoughtful enough to call ME even though I'm not really good with calling people back. I have such wonderful friends and my FAMILY......they are phenomenal!
I will continue to keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I knew something was up. I figured this would be a rough week. It would for me if I were without SUGAR!! I need to give it up--im an ADDICT! I proud of you for sticking to it and losing 6 lbs through sickness and all! You're tough, you will make it:) xo

Melissa said...

awwww...HUGS to you!

Diana said...

Cerella, you know you have everyones support... you've been through a lot of things and you have the strenght to go against the sea.
i really hope to read your blog on October with rwally good news!!!
a big hugh to you ...

tocspaw said...

Congrats on starting an IVF cycle!! I've been through it all, so if you need to talk or just vent, drop me a line!

Oh, and don't fret - Metformin gets better - you just have to be patient. I was sick for about 6 weeks before my body got used to it.