Friday, January 06, 2006

The Holidays are officially over.


Well, I guess that it is time to take down the Christmas trimmings. (Our tree was kinda funny this year. It's the official "Lean Back" tree!) This is always a sad and dreaded time. I mean, who really likes taking it all down, putting it in storage and then cleaning up the mess of needles and what not? Surely not mwah! I was probably going to keep the tree up until it started rotting but my dad told me today that it is a fire hazard because the tree is so dry and brittle. Well, now I HAVE to turn off the lights and take it down because I'm really superstitous. Since I've been warned, and if I don't follow the advice, I'll end up having a house fire. That's just my luck. I also have this tendency to leave my front door open while I'm at home. My mom and dad informed me that I need to always keep it locked because someone could just waltz right on in and do God knows what!!! Jeez, it won't take anymore than that for me to keep all of the doors locked & bolted from now on! Are you kidding me?! That kind of reminds me of a funny story. About a year ago, I received a phone call that SOMEHOW my name was drawn for $500 worth of grocery coupons or something. Anyway, the only catch was that they had to come to my house and have me fill out a quick questionaire. (YEAH RIGHT!) So, to make a long story short, they were supposed to come over when my husband was at home with me, however, they were late and my husband was on call or something so I had my sister come over to be my backup. I was starting to get a little nervous about them so I told my sister that sometimes, you need to be prepared if someone is going to get all crazy on you. I was in the process of making dinner so I made sure that I had a big 'ol butcher knife on the counter and some mace nearby. I told Breahna if anything happens, you grab the knife and I'll grab the mace. And as quick and witty as she is, she responded with "Man, why do I always get the messy job?!" So, that's the story. Nothing bad happened. The two chuckleheads made me burn my dinner, so we gave them the quick BOOT on out of here and I called to complain to the company that sent them. I've never been bothered by them since.

No comments: