Can you spot the mole?

Okay, funny story. My sister and I go to this local shop to get some beauty products. My sister is all about his particular kind of makeup, which I have never tried, so the woman working says that she will apply some for me to try out. I told her that I have rosacea on my cheeks and I need something that will cover nicely. So, as she is applying the concealer she notices that I have a little freckle on the end of my nose. She starts TRYING to cover it up and says "Oh, you've got a little mole RIGHT on the end of your nose, BUMMER! Does it bother you?" I told her not really. I got it from many years of using a tanning booth. Most people get all of these cute little freckles all across the bridge of their nose and cheeks but ME, oh no, I get one freckle on the very end. This lady proceeds to tell me "Well, if it really bothers you, you can just get it lasered off."
Okay, when and where during this visit did I EVER tell her about a problem of concealing the freckle on the end of my nose? I told her that I have ROSACEA that I would like concealed. The funniest part about this is that this woman (poor thing) had a HUGE and when I say huge I mean Holy Sweet Jesus and Baby Jesus HUGE Mole on her cheek!!! If you have ever watched the movie Uncle Buck, you will be able to picture it almost perfectly.
It really drives me crazy when people want to bring up your "flaws" as if because it bothers THEM that it must bother YOU! People have done that my whole life with my teeth. I have 3 big gaps in my top front teeth. I don't mind them soo much. I personally LIKE gaps. My favorite comment of all times is when someone made the comment "Now that you are married to a doctor, are you going to get your teeth fixed?" It's really quite commical. Don't you think? :)




4 comments:
OMG that is so funny. You crack me up, Cerella.
Love your freckle, btw. ;)
Oh, I love this story! Cerella, you have the best stories! Oh yes, Uncle Buck! "Here's 25 cents...go have a rat naw that thing off your face!" It's always something! Love, Beth
You make me laugh!Thank you!I can't get Blogger to work anymore after trying to switch over to the new one? I give up!I'm now at Typepad.
that picture is so cute! and so you!
Post a Comment