Sunday, May 20, 2007

I mean, just because my face is perpetually red, doesn't mean that I need sunscreen.

I went with my sister to her prenatal visit this past week. As we walked back to the exam room, a nurse in the hallway caught a glimpse of me. Immediately her eyes got really big. She had just taken a bite of something so her mouth was full as she tried to get my attention. I'm thinking to myself 'Do I know her? How do I know her?' Finally, she blurts out "Sunscreen! You need to be using sunscreen!" I then looked at her with a rather annoyed look on my face and flatly said "It's Rosacea. But thanks." How lucky was I to receive this free medical advice from such an outstanding medical professional. I wonder how many other precious gems of insults, I mean information her little mind holds.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Ok the same thing happened to me last week at the dentist. I just went in to have my teeth cleaned and she thought she should tell me all about my diabetes. Damn I just came in to get my teeth cleaned!!!!I just wanted to say is it because I'm a fat girl.Which I didn't get my diabetes from fatness I got it from a Liver transplant I had in 1990.People just need to mind there own business!!!

Jansk said...

I have the rosacea problem, too. Yuk. I use metrogel daily. Seems to keep it under control. If you tend to get redder quicker as you have adult beverages - I read that one aspirin before a night out helps to reduce the inflammation. NOT that I am advocating adult beverages, so you didn't hear it from me. . .!

Unknown said...

Hey Cerella, I think suddenly my hubby has rosacea! He has this red patch on his forehead between his eyes and he scratches at it and it's just really bad right now. He was putting lots of lotion on it and it sorta went away but now it's back bigger and stronger. Any advice without having to see a doc? Neil is so anti-doctors. (I know, you're married to one --- sorry!) Like, can it only be controled by prescription? We leave on vacation in like 10 days and I really badly want it gone for pictures sake. (Is that bad?? lol!!)

Email me if you wanna ;)